For the Second EUscreen International Conference on Use and Creativity, two more names were confirmed for our speakers list. We’re happy to announce to you that Paul Ashton of the Times Educational Supplement and Catherine Grout from JISC confirmed their participation in the conference.
Paul Ashton has been working at the Times Educational Supplement. He worked as an education officer at the BBC, after which he became the commissioning editor for Teachers TV, a government funded TV and online video service that operated until April 2011. After its closure, the Department of Education signed multiple non-exclusive distribution agreements to ensure that the 3,500 programmes in the archive would still be available to watch on-line. The service enabled teachers to widen their skills, develop their practice, and connect with others in the field by supplying professional development videos and resources. All 15-minute programmes are now freely available at the Times Educational Supplement website.
works as Programme Director at JISC, where she is responsible for directing programmes and projects in the e-content area, where her activities are to stimulate communication and activity with commercial publishers and e-content providers. She manages the work of the JISC e-content team who work to deliver an e-content strategy for the JISC Community, which includes working closely with JISC Collections and other JISC Services and partners both within and outside the UK.
We’re proud of their recent confirmation to speak at the conference.
The updated speakers list is now:
- Lynn Spigel (Northwestern University, USA)
- Dagan Cohen (Upload Cinema, NL)
- Paul Ashton (Times Educational Supplement, UK)
- Kajsa Hedström (Swedish Film Institute, SE)
- Johan Axhamn (Stockholm University, SE)
- Aubery Escande (Europeana, NL)
- Jérôme Bourdon (Tel Aviv University, IL)
- Dana Mustata (Utrecht University, NL)
- Pere Arcas (Televisió de Catalunya, ES)
- Roland Sejko (Cinecittà Luce, IT)
- Andreas Fickers (Maastricht University, NL)
- Catherine Grout (JISC, UK)
- Marius Snyders (PrestoCentre, EU)
- Martin Bouda (Česká televize, CZ)