Preserve and reuse: training to celebrate World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2022
Do you work in or with audiovisual heritage institutions, or work with audiovisual heritage? If so, join this special Europeana Subtitled and UNESCO Netherlands Commission event on 27 October 2022.
To celebrate the UNESCO World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH), Europeana Subtitled partners and EUscreen are partnering with UNESCO Netherlands Commission to bring you a half day showcase of current developments in preserving and making available and accessible audiovisual heritage. This will be combined with hands-on training on machine translation and automatic speech recognition to help you put what you learn into practice. Suitable for people working in or with audiovisual heritage institutions and/or working with audiovisual heritage (for example researchers, creatives, wikimedians, volunteers at local archives) this three hour event is online, free and open to all.
See the draft programme below, and secure your place.
The online event programme is as follows:
- 10:00 Welcome word UNESCO: the importance of audiovisual heritage for inclusive, just and peaceful societies
- 10:10 Aggregation of Audiovisual Content in Europe by Berber Hagedoorn, EUscreen
- 10:30 Showcase of recent Audiovisual preservation projects: Europeana WEAVE, Europeana Crafted
- 11:00 AV training, a Dutch perspective by Nienke van Schaverbeeke, AVA_net
- 11:15 Short Break: video showcases of UNESCO Memory of the World projects
- 11:30 Workshop Increasing inclusiveness of AV content with Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Machine Translation (MT) by Europeana Subtitled
- 11:30 – 11:50 The Black Box of ASR and MT unravelled
- 11:55 – 12:15 Determining the needed amount and eligibility of audiovisual content for ASR and MT
- 12:20 – 12:50 How to involve communities and experts in improving ASR and MT generated subtitles: hands-on workshop
- 12:50 Closing remarks
- 13:00 End